Beckum Stapleton Little League is registering players for Spring and Summer 2021.
Register now and save your spot on a Beckum Stapleton Little League team.
Beckum Stapleton played Fall Ball in 2020. We learned that baseball has much built-in social distance. Baseball is the safest team sport but still needs rules to protect our families from COVID or other diseases. We must be flexible in our scheduling and keep safety in mind.
After being apart for so long we can come together with social distance and wearing facemask when needed.
Beckum Stapleton Little League April practice schedule.
Tee Ball (ages 4 to 7) Wednesdays and Fridays 5 pm to 6 pm
Minors and Majors (ages 8 to 12) Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 pm to 6 pm
Juniors (ages 13 to 15) Tuesdays 6 pm to 8 pm
All practices report to Carver Park Batting Cages at 911 W Brown St.
Weather permitting the practices will be on fields next to batting cages.
Any questions call Jim Brey 414-659-8136
Softball/Baseball PLAYERS/COACHES/GAMEPLAY GENERAL
1. Rules apply to outdoor sports only.
2. If you are symptomatic, STAY HOME.
3. Coaches will be provided with a fact sheet regarding illness on what to look for in their players. If the coach deems it necessary, they can send that player home. Coaches are NOT expected to try and diagnose a player for having Covid-19. Any problems should be brought to the attention of any team or league official present at that time.
4. Coaches, players and parent helpers are expected to maintain physical distance with others wherever possible.
5. Face masks must be worn by our coaches, parent helpers and umpires.
6. Coaches are to utilize drills that help to maintain physical distancing (ex: multiple smaller groups of players rotating through drill stations).
7. Players are to bring their own drinks/snacks to practices and games. NO SHARING (parents will not be allowed to bring players things while the game is going on).
8. Players are to have their own equipment (bat, helmet, and glove).
9. Bats and helmets will be kept along the fence line and be supervised by an adult. Players will be expected to utilize the bleachers while not on the field and maintain physical distancing.
10. Any piece of equipment believed to have been shared or that has been identified as being shared will be sanitized between uses (shared equipment is defined as being touched by anyone other than the owner or last user).
11. Hand slapping, high fiving, spitting, chewing of seeds or gum is not allowed on any of the fields.
12. Only coaches or players involved in the current game may retrieve a foul ball.
13. Teams need to allow for all involved in a prior game to leave completely before entering player/coach areas.
14. Teams need to leave the field as quickly as possible while adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
15. Teams will be as small as possible, to allow for better physical distancing
16. Only the coach and umpire will be present for the pre-game meeting.
1. Offense a. The on-deck hitter will be positioned at the entrance to the field, they will retrieve their hitting equipment and wait by the opening for their turn to bat.
b. The on-deck hitter will be in a designated spot between the entrance to the field and the bleachers (behind the fence).
c. The remaining hitters will be on bleachers outside the field spaced at least 6ft apart. Players will be expected to keep any equipment necessary to play defense with them on the bleachers. Dugouts should be utilized as little as possible.
d. An adult will be designated to help with the players on the bleachers and to assist with the player in the dugout.
e. Manager and coaches will be on the field in normal positions while adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
f. Bats and helmets will be lined up along the fence away from the players. The designated adult will sanitize bats after each use
g. Stealing will be allowed. Umpires will be tasked with making a quick call so players can return to physical distancing guidelines.
2. Defense a. Manager and coaches are to be outside the dugout, properly distanced apart from others.
b. Any adult helper is to be off the field while the team is on defense.
c. The defensive team will provide the ball(s) to be used while they are in the field.
d. A foul ball returned to the game should be given to the defensive team. They will then sanitize the ball before it gets returned to play.
PARENTS/FANS SOFTBALL/BASEBALL 10 GENERAL
1. If you are symptomatic, STAY HOME.
2. Keep spectators limited to only members of the player's households.
3. Stay 6ft from those that are not in your household.
4. Stay in designated spectator areas.
5. No sitting in the bleachers. Bring your own chair or stand.
6. Stay out of the player/coach areas.
7. Do NOT retrieve a foul ball. A designated person will get it.
8. Required to wear a mask.
9. While walking to/from the concessions or bathrooms, maintain physical distancing guidelines. (6ft or further from those not in your household). Markings will be placed throughout the park.
1. If you are not helping with practice, stay in your car.
2. If you need to speak to a coach, do so while maintaining physical distancing guidelines.
3. Stay 6 ft away from everyone that is not part of your household.
4. Provide your child with a drink during practice. One will not be provided and there is no sharing amongst players.
1. Stay in your car until your child is in the player/coach designated areas.
2. Leave quickly as soon as your game is over.
3. Do not harass the umpire. They will be doing the best they can and will mostly be working alone.
4. Provide your child with a drink and/or snack during the game. They will not be provided one there is no sharing amongst players.
5. Parents are not allowed to come into the player area - this includes giving them something to drink. Have them come prepared.
1. If you are symptomatic, STAY HOME.
2. Umpires are required to wear a mask.
3. Arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the game so you have time to look over field conditions, equipment, etc.
4. Obtain any needed gear from the concession stand and make your way to the field. Do not gather in the concession or restroom areas.
5. Umpires will be responsible for maintaining their equipment. If, for any reason, umpires need to share equipment, that equipment should be sanitized between users.
6. Umpires are expected to use hand sanitizer before entering and before leaving the field.
7. Umpires will conduct managers meeting before the game while maintaining physical distancing, 6 ft apart.
1. Umpires should not handle or minimize the handling of the ball at any time during the game.
2. Face coverings must be worn by coaches and umpires.
3. Umpires will maintain 6ft from all players whenever possible.
4. There will be no umpires at the pitching machine levels.
5. There will be only 1 umpire for most of the games.
6. If there are two umpires, they should be positioned as follows:
a. Umpire 1: position yourself behind the pitcher at the best viewing angle for calling pitches while maintaining 6ft from all players.
b. Umpire 2: position yourself at the best viewing angle in relationship to the players on base while maintaining 6ft from all players.
Athletes Under 10 Years Old Athletes Aged 10-18 Years Old Athletes Over 18 Years Old
Maximum Group Size (including coach, participants, umpire and support staff) 35 participants. Limit coaches, umpires and support staff to essential only. Limits are not placed on spectators due to age of athletes. Up to 50 participants. Limit coaches, umpires and support staff to essential only. Up to 50 participants. Limit coaches, umpires and support staff to essential only.
Recommended Risk Level Team-based practice where no physical activity that includes contact between players should be allowed. Independent drills, conditioning and cardiovascular exercise allowed.
Competition between teams of same local geographical area. Competition between teams of same local geographical area.
Mask Policy Mask use mandatory except for athletes during active play. Support staff, coaches umpires etc. must be masked. Anyone aged 2 and under should not wear a mask. Mask use mandatory except for athletes during active play. Support staff, coaches, umpires etc. must be masked. Mask use mandatory except for athletes during active play. Support staff, coaches, umpires etc. must be masked.
Physical Distancing Guidance Maintain 6ft distance at all times. Athletes should do their best to maintain 6 ft distance as much as possible. Coaches should help children distance with use of visual markers. Maintain 6ft distance at all times. Athletes should do their best to maintain 6 ft distance as much as possible. Maintain 6ft distance at all times. Athletes should do their best to maintain 6 ft distance as much as possible.
If Spectators are allowed, provide guidance Spectators should space out along route and adequately spaced out from each other; masks mandatory. Parents should consider waiting in their cars, or other places away from other adults, but still accessible to help children as needed. Spectators should space out adequately spaced out from each other, masks mandatory. Spectators discouraged. If necessary, must be adequately spaced out while wearing masks.
Allow Media If spaced out, limit to as few as possible. Masks required. If spaced out, limit to as few as possible. Masks required. If spaced out, limit to as few as possible. Masks required
FIRST FALL BALL PRACTICE
Beckum Stapleton is looking for a Motivated Individual to help recrute and represent Tee Ball Players and Coaches.
If this is you or you know someone that fits this role, and that's ready to build, have them contact us on Facebook @ Beckum Stapleton Little League or by calling the office at 414-372-5794.
Beckum Stapleton Little League is a nonprofit, volunteer organization. Providing supervised baseball opportunities for the youth on the North side of Milwaukee, WI since 1964. Beckum Stapleton Little League has served well over 25,000 youth since its inception. It is powerful to see this commitment to the sport, from current and former players . It is an awesome testament to what has been created and what's to come.
Beckum Stapleton Little League needs your help to continue our committment, structure and development of these young people.